Thursday, June 14, 2007

Day Six: Empowerment, one excel spreadsheet at a time.

Yesterday I spent the majority of the afternoon helping the GM with a spreadsheet that did an analysis of all the writers' incomes. It was pretty cool just digging through the paperwork and getting to see all the different sources of income for a song (esp with public performance). I <3 paperwork. We managed to finish that bad boy by 4:45 and I was out the door by 5:30. This morning I cranked out another excel spreadsheet and will begin sub-pub part II. I also learned how to send items via certified mail yesterday and how to work the postage meter.

Slowly and surely I am learning all sorts of useful things. Though, I have not yet perfected the perfect cup of coffee. I've got a ways to go on that one.

I must get back to work. I have another 150 songs to describe. I'm kind of thinking this one won't get done until next week.

No comments: